Sunday, September 7, 2008

Vacation is here!!!!

Tomorrow morning my husband and I leave for vacation and I'm both excited and a bit nervous at the same time. Originally, we were supposed to go Miami Beach, Florida for the second year in a row, but with Hurricane Ike looking to cause a good 2-3 days of rain during our vacation we took our airline up on their offer to change our travel plans. Now we are heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico and we are really excited!!! We went to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon four years ago, but it was on the far east side of the island so we never actually spent any time in San Juan. We will be staying at an gorgeous resort in San Juan, so we will have the option of leaving the pool/beach and exploring the city. I promise to update with lots of pix when we get back next weekend.

While I am very excited to go to San Juan I am nervous about how dining out three meals a day is going to affect my progress with my gallbladder. I have been branching out a lot on what foods I am eating and was even able to have a glass of wine with dinner two nights in a row with now complaints from my GB or tummy, so that bodes well for me. However, I have to wonder how my GB is going to hold up during a week of torture since I will not be able to follow the diet except in a limited manner. I will be making good use of the concierge at the resort in finding places that will be able to cater to my dietary restrictions! Hopefully, we can find many different restaurants that are willing to cater to my diet and help me stay healthy while on vacation.

I've stopped by Whole Foods and stocked up on some diet friendly snacks that will at least help me while we are traveling to and from in the airports. We also bought some fresh strawberries for breakfast, so at least I can have some fruit with my cinnamon raisin bagel. Fingers crossed I digest everything like a champ.

Earlier tonight we had Chipotle for dinner, and while everything felt like it digested well, I had some referred GB pain behind my right shoulder blade and had a weird heart-palpitation feeling thing too. I've had the weird heart-palpitation things most of my life and my dad said he's had it too since he was young, so I guess it's okay. I just wish I knew what caused them. They only occur once every 3-4 four months, though sometimes I will get them for a few days. It's not comfortable at all. Perhaps that and my referred GB pain today are only issues that result from chiropractic issues or something of the sort... I spent most of the day in the car driving from Peoria to Chicago and then around the Northern Suburbs. And let's be honest, I don't sit with my spine all straight while I am driving!

Anyway, pix from vacation in PR will come next weekend, though I will try to post while I'm there about how I am handling the diet. Goodness knows, I need something to stay focused!

No comments: