Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Starting a new adventure, working in healthcare


Today I had my first day working for Dr Kramer. That's right, folks, I am working where I'm a patient. And it's super sweet if you ask me. I can't wait to learn more about all of the "alternative" treatment options available and continue to explore how these treatments can heal/improve ailments from the everyday to the more serious. Being to able to work with patients who are seeking these alternatives therapies is exciting to me, and I look forward to watching them improve their health and well-being.

Granted, I still have no clue what I am doing in the job and my job only focuses on coordinating the patients for their treatments (plus a few other things). Still, I like that I am going to be a part of that... and I like that I'm in a better work environment for my health too!

Part of my training on the job is to actually receive all of the different therapies available at the office so that I know how they work when patients ask questions about them. Tomorrow I get to do some chiropractic, which I actually need anyway, and over the next two weeks I will being doing decompression traction therapy, and other cool treatments. I hope that massage is included in the training... fingers crossed!

No comments: