Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Coming off the detox perhaps a bit too soon.

I've been binging on Chili's chips and salsa the last few days, and I think the corn chips caught up with me today. Not so much that I am sick, but I can tell my digestion is not what it should be. Nonetheless, I keep eat things that aren't on the diet (primarily wheat and corn products). Sometimes it goes just fine, but sometimes, like today, it doesn't go over so well.

I also discovered at dinner tonight, or should I say remembered, that tomato sauces don't agree with me. Something about the acidity, I'm not sure. Some sauces bother me, some don't, but the sauce I had in my vegan eggplant Parmesan tonight (courtesy of One World Cafe) really didn't sit well. I felt like gagging a little for a while afterwards, but was able to make it go away quickly once I took my Super Phos supplement (helps with GB nausea side effects). I hate the feeling of being nauseous like that. My friend who was at dinner with me, noticed I wasn't quite myself as a result of the discomfort. Certainly doesn't make me exciting to be around.

What worries me the most about not being able to completely integrate other foods back in to my diet is the fact that I will be on vacation next week. This means I won't have access to the fresh fruits and vegetables I am use to eating and am going to be at the mercy of what the restaurants are serving. Even more so, I am at the mercy of the chef's and will have to beg and plead for them to be accommodating to my food allergies and restricted diet. Sucks.

However, it appears that a hurricane may prevent my vacation to South Beach altogether, so I may not have to worry about it at all! Fingers crossed the hurricanes miss South Beach and head south or way north!

No comments: