Monday, July 14, 2008

Stagnation

Apparently, I am not progressing as quickly as I thought.

Ok, who am I kidding? I know I'm progressing like molasses in winter.

I went to the acupuncturist today for a detox session (aka pinning and foot bath), and my acupuncturist said that he is still seeing quite a bit of "stagnation." Despite all of the nausea starting to subside and all that good stuff, I'm still not digesting well. In fact, it feels like nothing digests period. It's a rather strange feeling, to tell you the truth. You eat, and hours later you still have a sensation of the food just sitting in your stomach, not going anywhere.

Without me saying anything, my acupuncturist can tell this is going on just by looking at my tongue. Crazy. After seeing that today, he changed up my pinning spots a little bit. I think he's just as perplexed as I am as to why my digestive system just won't get moving. He pins me in all the spots that increase the flow throughout the body to stimulate the gallbladder, but we aren't seeing a huge improvement in the gallbladder. Other areas, a big resounding YES we are seeing results, but with my digestion, not so much. I guess the "sludge" is much worse than my regular MD let on...

So its a good thing I am going to start taking the gallstone and sludge dissolving supplements starting tomorrow. Fingers crossed I don't have any allergic reactions. I'm thinking I will be alright, but since I don't know what they ingredients actually are because they are all in Chinese I am just going to have to trust that it will be fine. Chinese medicine is made up of herbs, and I can't think of any herbs that I have ever had a problem with in the past.

Here's hoping... let's get that sludge and stagnation to clear up fast!

No comments: