Friday, July 25, 2008

I have successfully resisted the Krispy Kreme

Today I successfully resisted Krispy Kreme doughnuts. The original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut. I was able to overcome temptation and not eat a single crumb, even though the box of them sat in our workplace all day after they were brought in this morning. Can I tell you how hard that was?!?!

As a recovering sugar addict (that's what I'm calling myself now), it was really difficult, especially after getting a good whiff of them. The smell of the sugar alone is like a drug for me. Yet somehow, I was able to stand by my guns and resist the FREE (did I mention they were free, courtesy of one of our appliance reps) Krispy Kreme. Talk about a challenge, but I did it and I couldn't be prouder of myself. So here's a little pat on my back from me for being able to "just say no" to free Krispy Kremes.

Part of this may be due to coming to the realization this morning that I take a massive number of pills to get well. It's ridiculous. And expensive. For the sake of documenting how serious I am with this personal health project (or whatever you want to call it) I decided to take a photo of all the pills I take in a day.



I've separated it out in to piles for each meal, and you can see the large volume of what I gulp down in a day to get my body working correctly. Missing from the piles are the liquid supplements, one of which is pictured and I do take with every meal, and the other of which (not pictured) I take once a day. In pills alone I take 27 per day, and if you add in all of the liquid supplements and the one other vitamin I take it is 31-32 per day. THAT'S INSANE!!!

But you know what? If I can avoid the temptation of a Krispy Kreme doughnut, I can do anything. Right?

No comments: