Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cleansing

Since I started on the gallbladder supplements and really started eating a true whole foods diet I started to notice and interesting side effect-- "internal cleansing" (aka diarrhea like BMs). Gross, I know, but I promised myself I would be very candid on this blog so as to accurately record the process. Besides, I'm sure there isn't much of anyone reading this anyway!

I noticed the loose BMs after being on the supplements for about two days. Before taking the gallbladder supplements I had actually suffered from a good deal of constipation, despite eating only fruits and vegetables for a week or two. So, I actually was glad to have some movement going! I figured it might clear up after a day or two, but it didn't, and I was having these "cleansings" anywhere from two to four times a day. When it didn't clear up after a few days I e-mailed the lady I bought the GB supplements from to see what was going on. She finally got back to me late yesterday and recommended that I stop taking one of the supplements for a short while.

The funny thing is that I actually feel great, despite the loose BMs. Better than I have in eons, and I feel really good after I have one as well. Since the GB lady took a bit to get back to me I actually asked my acupuncturist about it at yesterday's appointment. It was weird to ask the question, but I knew that a) he is doing a detox right now, too, and b) being a natural medicine guy he should know the answer. Well, he laughed a little bit that I asked the question, but then told me right away that it was actually normal and part of the cleansing process. Thank goodness!

He explained to me that when your body is bombarded with lots of toxins that it can't deal with quick enough it's solution is to actually "dilute" as opposed to flush. This explains why, now that we have fixed the stagnation problem with the GB supplements and healthy diet, my body is flushing so much out of my body. I am no longer filling my body with loads of toxins and it can now deal with the problem and flush all the crap out... both literally and figuratively. Which also explains why I feel so great, as well! Usually if I were to have diarrhea like that I would feel god awfully sick! I actually went through a period in grad school where I had a lot of it... I guess my body was trying to tell me something back then!

Because the body "dilutes" when it is overwhelmed with toxins there is a lot of weight gain associated with it. And the best news of all is that now that my body is cleansing itself with my detox program of GB supplements, diet, acupuncture, and foot baths I am dropping and average of two to five pounds per week. Ridiculous! As of a week ago, I was already down over fifteen pounds, and I know that it's more now. So, not only am I feeling awesome from the detox, I am looking great as well!

No comments: