Monday, July 21, 2008

Foot Baths

With all of the things going on with my detox program I haven't gotten around to talking about the neatest part of it, yet. My foot baths.

Late at night you can see infomercials for a product called a Kinooki Foot Pad that you put on your feet while you are sleeping. The premise is that the foot pads draw the heavy metal toxins out of your body, which will make you feel more energized. Well, I'm doing the real deal. Not a foot pad, but an ionic foot bath. Twice a week for the past four or five weeks I have a foot bath to help draw out the heavy metal toxins from my body.


It sounds like a lot of hog wash, I know, but it really does work. My proof that it works is both in my energy levels and that no foot bath ever looks the same at the end, and other people's baths don't look the same as mine. For example, the other day a girl did a foot bath right before me and had hardly any heavy metal "junk" showing in the water. I did mine the day before and that day and had a ton of junk showing in the water, and my water smelled funny from the amount of toxins being pulled out.

The science of how it works is a hair confusing to me, but it still makes sense nonetheless. Here is what the flyer for the system says:


"The EBR-Pro(TM) ion therapy device utilizes direct current to create and electro-magnetic field in which the patient places their hands or feet in an aqueous salt and mineral solution to increase energy and the positively charged cellular activity through the attached array. Water molecules that pass through the array split causing the ionic field. ...

... By immersing your feet in the water you will enable an electrical contact with all the primary meridians in the body. Change charge density, and you will change the geometry, releasing trapped molecules... The meridians are one of several pathways for toxins released to exit the body. .."



Here is one of my foot baths from a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't take photos of my earliest baths where I had the most gross stuff being pulled out, but at least you get the point. This is right at the beginning of the session so the water is completely clear and you can see the bubbles starting to come out of the ionizer.

After about nine minutes the machine switches polarities. From the first half of the session the water gets murky looking and frequently develops lots of foamy looking stuff. If my camera weren't such a POS then you would be able to see it...


At the end of the eighteen minutes the water has become very yellow and has tons of black flecks in it. The peppery-looking black flecks are the heavy metals that have been pulled from your body through the pores of your feet. Or, at least, that's how my doc explained it to me.

Again, I wish my camera wasn't such a POS so you could see more of the junk that is in the water, and I wish I had taken pictures of some of my earlier sessions, but you get the point.

The good thing is that the more I do them and the less junk food I eat, the less toxins are pulled out. One of the worst baths I had was a day I had binged on a whole bunch of processed food (Cheez-Its Chex Mix, among them) and had eaten McDonald's the day before. The water smelled awful and all sorts of nastiness came out that day. Says something about that food, doesn't it?

No comments: