Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

Well here I am, up at 4am, feeling nauseous from the rice cereal with rice milk I ate last night at 8:30pm. Yes, yes, I know there are rules about not eating after 7pm, blah, blah, blah, but I was hungry damnit! The good thing is that I'm not having a full blown GB attack. If that were happening I would be in pain and hanging my head over the toilet right now. This is just a mild case of nausea... though that mild nausea was strong enough to actually wake me up long before I wanted to be up. At least I got some sleep and it wasn't the usual GB attack 2am routine!

To kick the nausea in the rear I am taking the Super Phos acid drops supplement every 15-20 minutes, and I think, on what will now be my second dose, it should go away. Like I said, it's mild. Most normal people would just go back to bed at this point, but my husband likes to set his alarm for much earlier in the morning than is actually necessary and it will be going off in a few minutes so I know it will just keep me awake. That and I have to be on the road to Chicago at 6/6:30 so I'll need to be getting up by 5:30 anyway. All I have to say is that it's going to be a long day. And I can't have any caffeine. Yikes! Hopefully the small amount that is in Green Tea will do the trick if I get desperate.

What gets me is that even "fake" dairy from rice milk is enough to make me nauseous. I noticed it last week when I ate the rice cereal for breakfast (and a late night snack), too. Dairy products are on the serious no-no list for GB problems, probably because they increase mucous which in turn worsens the sludge in my GB. For the most part, I have done a good job of avoiding the dairy products altogether, but I happen to have a sweet spot for them so I was hoping to at least have this one small pleasure. From my deductions on how I am reacting to the rice milk, that small pleasure can only be had during morning hours and should be avoided altogether during the evening hours. Otherwise, I can expect to wake up with nausea the next day. Ugh.

No comments: