Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rice Milk is Yummy

During my detox/GB fixing period I am supposed to avoid dairy products. I personally happen to have a deep love of dairy products so this has been super hard for me! Being creative, as I always am, I figured I would try Rice milk as a substitute.

I actually bought the rice milk a week and a half ago, but was hesitant to try it. Part of my hesitation was due to the uncertainty of how it would taste and stuff and the other part was due to fear that even the rice milk would aggravate my gallbladder. After having no less than three friends assure me that the rice milk was super tasty I finally starting eating it yesterday with my cereal. Boy is that stuff yummy! The vanilla flavored rice milk mixed with the flax seed cereal I bought actually tasted kind of like Cocoa Puffs. It was weird. I also added some raspberries to it for fun. Awesome breakfast.


It's all very tasty, but I am going to make sure to pace myself on it just in case it is an irritant to my GB. I sure hope not, because it tastes so good and gives me a little bit of variety from all of the fruits and vegetables!
Speaking of fruits and vegetables... My body decided it needed to do a "cleanse" during work today after lunch. Lunch was sauteed zucchini on rice with nothing more than a little garlic, s&p, and olive oil. Apparently this was enough for my body to rid itself of some more crap (literally and figuratively). The internal cleansing bouts come and go quickly, which is both good and bad. Good in that it's a short-lived event, and bad because once the stomach cramping sensations start I have less than five or so minutes to get myself to the bathroom. Ugh! And the funny part? As soon as my body has finished cleansing itself I feel completely energized, like I could run a marathon or take over the world.
So I'm all for my body cleansing itself of toxins, but I wish it would wait until after work to flush everything out! Hopefully, this phase of the detox will pass soon!

No comments: