Friday, July 18, 2008

Detoxing is Hard to Do

To help fix my gallbladder and do a full detox of all the "ick" that's in my body I am following a very restricted diet. It's a lot of fruits and vegetables, limited to no processed/packaged foods, and limited to no refined sugars. The detox diet is going great and I am feeling so much better than I did in both my digestion and energy levels. As a result, I am also sleeping a lot better. So, I am really liking this detox diet thing. Oh, and I forgot to mention the crazy amounts of weight I am losing (more about that in a later post, I'm sure).

However, there's one major problem with the diet: meal planning for a whole foods diet sucks with today's lifestyle. My work schedule is such that three or four days a week I am eating two meals at work. That means that before I go to work I need to have two complete meals prepared. No microwave meals, no fast food, no lunch meat (or even bread for that matter), no eating out of the vending machines. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of planning ahead, which, for me, means making lots of leftovers on my days off that I can eat the rest of the week. This is all well and good except for the fact that I have a husband who likes my cooking way too much. Which is how I ran in to a problem last night when I asked him what he had for dinner...

He ate my leftovers. Not just one meals worth, but two. Which means that I either have to starve, or make something else to replace it. And can I tell you how not fun and time consuming that is? Especially when you spend your twelve hour days on your feet the whole time. There is no way I am making any meals at night after getting home from a twelve hour workday at 9:15 pm!

Because I had strictly told my husband before that those leftovers were not to be touched, he agreed to make up for it by making me food to eat the next two days tonight. It was very kind of him. Especially since in my scramble to attempt to make enough food for today's meals this morning I was almost late for work, even though I woke up early. I also ended up having to eat a frozen, processed (albeit organic), waffle for breakfast that had some ingredients in it I'm not supposed to eat... which of course, caused some issues with my gallbladder. But at least he made up for it. He takes good care of me, and I couldn't get through this process without him. Despite him eating my leftovers.... :)

No comments: