Sunday, July 27, 2008

Maybe the Doctor Was Right

Yesterday I had a really bad dizzy spell. Like so bad I thought I might pass out, dizzy spell. It has probably been three or four months since I last had one, and before that it was only ever when I had vertigo during serious sinus infections. This dizziness is more of a lightheaded feeling than "the world is spinning" type I've gotten with vertigo in the past. The last bout of dizziness a few months ago I believe was due to serious stress and anxiety (I had LOTS of personal changes going on then), but now I am starting to second guess that theory.

The acupuncture has alleviated the feelings of panic and anxiety that I had been having, and for the past five or so weeks I have felt really level headed and calm. (Which is awesome.) So when I had that dizzy spell yesterday I was kind of worried as to what would have caused it. I remembered my acupuncturist telling me that while I was doing the detox foot baths I should take a vitamin that he gave me everyday because so many "metal" minerals are being pulled out of my body, and that if I didn't take the vitamin I could pass out from the deficiency. Um, yeah. Not so good about taking that one every day like I'm supposed to. Whoops. Perhaps the doctor was right.

Thinking about it-- especially with the amount of "flushing" body has done the last week-- it actually might make sense that I would be getting lightheaded from a lack of those minerals (or whatever) in my body. It might be that in my body's attempt to cleanse itself it is flushing out more than just the bad stuff. And with amount of times a day I end up in the bathroom most days, I believe it's true. So last night after I had the super bad dizzy spell and I took and iron supplement (remembering how little meat I have eaten the last three weeks, just in case it's iron related) and a mineral water. I felt better.

Today I felt mildly dizzy again, but was at work so I didn't really have anything to take. I had taken the vitamin my doctor gave me though. So now I am thinking it could be related to the iron deficiency thing. I've been super cold all week and feel like I have a hard time getting warm, I feel tired, and I've got the dizzy stuff going on. All of which leads me to believe there may be an iron issue going on. I think it's time to start eating more than fruits, vegetables, and rice again.

No comments: