Saturday, July 19, 2008

Progress?

I was daring today. I ate a very small slice of Pizza Hut pizza at lunch (because it was free at work) and hoped that it would go over okay with my tummy. To my utter surprise, it did. Not a hint of indigestion at all. I couldn't have been more surprised! Usually I would get heartburn and indigestion hardcore, but not today. I think we are making progress!

Not to say I'm going to start scarfing down pizza though...

Here's the funny thing. It didn't even taste good. In fact, it tasted almost flavorless. I took one bite and didn't get that usual "rush" and want to simply devour more and more. If I wasn't so set on seeing how it digested I would have put the piece of pizza down and stopped eating it altogether. But of course, I didn't, and I ate it all. While I can't say that it made me want to eat more pizza, I did notice that I started staring at the vending machine with a mild craving for a Milky Way later. However, I was good and didn't get anything out of the vending... I didn't want to ruin the good thing I had going!

So, I think we are making progress. The supplements and my detox diet are really working. Digestion is better, nausea is gone, cravings are milder and milder, and I'm starting to get used to making all of that food in the morning before I go to work- and actually craving those flavors instead of junk food! Tomorrow I am going to a cookout- I can't wait to see how that goes...

No comments: