Monday, August 18, 2008

Onions, onions are no fun...

I'm quickly realizing/remembering that onions don't settle well with me. The really interesting part of this was that I was reacting to them near as badly a few months ago. Perhaps, because I wasn't completely digesting them the side effects weren't as bad? Who knows. It doesn't make sense either way.

I made two dishes with onions in them today, and although I avoided eating them as much as possible (like usual, just using their essence for flavoring) just the little bit I did ingest made me taste onion for a long while afterwards. This was a more mild bout of onion-atosis, but it doesn't mean I liked it anymore or it was any less annoying. Sometimes I can't get rid of the taste of onions after eating them, even with teeth brushing and mouthwash. I'm just one of those people I guess who is more sensitive than others. My dad is the same, so I must have inherited it from him.

I do find it really interesting that all of the sudden the severe onion-atosis is back in full force, whereas a few months ago it was much more subdued. Then again, there is always the possibility that I just wasn't eating as much onion and therefore didn't have enough reason to get onion breath previously!

On a really positive note, tomorrow I am going to go buy a lot of new pants. I can't wait. I officially have no pants that fit me because I have lost so much weight from the detox. I should be back down to my "regular/small" size or close enough to it, from what I can tell. My "medium" size is quite loose on me, so I am assuming I can go back down another size. I haven't worn my "small" size in almost four years (spending most of the past few years in my "medium" size), so this is going to be so exciting and a wonderful reward for all of my dedication to fixing my health!

No comments: