Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bored with food

Well it was bound to happen. I am bored with food.

Actually, this is nothing new for me. I get bored with food every so often and nothing, and I mean nothing, sounds good. I have zero interest in eating anything. Now, had this been a few months ago I probably would have eaten ice cream or fast food for dinner because when I don't feel like eating I don't feel like cooking either. My mentality back then was that if I didn't feel like eating anything I might as well eat crap food... cuz those sugar highs are just too irresistible, really. Not a good mindset, but what can I say, I was drugged by the American fast food lifestyle and sugary, carby crap was a food group.

For dinner tonight, my husband immediately suggested we get Sushi Popo (see previous post about Guilty Pleasures), but even that sounded gross to me. I ended up talking him in to eating the dinner I had planned up earlier in the day of salmon, quinoa, and spinach salad. Not that it sounded good, but I had everything but the salmon in the house ready to go so at least it didn't require tons of effort. The salmon was what had both of us questioning the meal choice, and the questioning didn't stop when we were eating the salmon either. We both love fish, but for some reason neither of us cares for salmon at all. I ate about three bites of mine, and despite him complaining about how he didn't care for it my husband ate both his piece and what was left of mine. At least I can say the quinoa and spinach salad were really good! But forget the salmon. What was I thinking? I blame it on the Food Network show I watched earlier that had salmon in it...

Anyway, I hate it when nothing sounds good. It makes meal planning a nightmare. I would rather just eat cereal because at least then it doesn't take any more effort than to pour it in to the bowl. But I can't eat cereal! Argh! Oh, well. I made it through the day and tomorrow is back to leftovers while I'm at work, so I don't have to think much about what I'm eating. It's already planned out, and that's awesome.

No comments: