Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Lure of Chocolate Fondue

Last night I enjoyed an evening with some good friends. We ate dinner at Sushi Popo (my favorite- got the Vegetarian Combo like usual), and then decided to go down to the riverfront for drinks. I was good and stuck to my water, though the wine smelled amazing. What I wasn't so good on was resisting the chocolate fondue. I swore I was only going to eat the fruit, but ending up dipping everything in the amazing Belgian chocolate.

The restaurant where we went is called Water Street Wines, Cafe, and Coffee. http://waterstreetcoffee.com/ I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures of the tasty goodness, but wasn't carrying it around.
Now, ask me if I paid the price for eating chocolate, a serious gallbladder no-no food? Sure did, but not as bad as I would have thought. I woke up at about 3:30am with some mild nausea, but nothing so bad that I couldn't go right back to sleep. Didn't have to resort to sleeping sitting up on the couch, so I think we are making progress! I think it was worth it.
Not eating chocolate is near impossible for me though! I had to put a napkin over the top of the leftover fondue to keep from licking it all out of the bowl. The chocolate addiction is gonna be a real hard one to break!

No comments: