Sunday, August 17, 2008

The ever aching gallbladder

Strange thing that I've started to notice over the last few days is that my gallbladder region, and in turn my gallbladder itself, feels quite sore and achy. It's not pain, but it feels more like if something were bruised or an overworked muscle. I'm not quite sure why it feels this way, but I hope it's the kind of ache that means that it's been working hard to clean itself out and get back in shape.

The last few weeks my digestion has been really good and the nausea is all but gone (finally!), so I am feeling good about the progress I am making. Not to mention, I have lost well over twenty pounds now and officially must by a whole new wardrobe since nothing fits me anymore. I haven't been this tiny since grad school! The rapid weight loss shows how much my body was needed to rid itself of an overwhelming amount of toxins and how poor my digestion was operating before I identified and started to address the gallbladder problem. It's still mind boggling to me how quick my body has responded to the supplements and diet, and I feel as though the aching in my GB this week just shows what a work out I've given it! Lots of fruits and vegetables have certainly been doing a good job of cleaning house!

Granted the aching sensation and tenderness come and go, but that little bit makes me wonder and make me even more focused on continuing forward.

As a side note, I had another Indian dish tonight-- one from my new cookbook. It was a mild fish curry with potatoes, and a side of rice crepes. There was a lot of coconut milk in everything- which is surprisingly one of the approved food items for my GB-- and the sweetness was nice in combination with the spice. I liked the crepes so much I might make them for a dessert or breakfast someday soon and load some warm berries on top. So good! As for the fish dish, I actually think it would have tasted better with chicken or a fish other than cod. The fish had tasted "fishy" but that could have also had something to do with my husband overcooking it (which was actually for my benefit, since I can't eat raw fish and he wants to make sure it's "killed" for my safety. What a sweetheart.). Anyway, I can't wait to try more Indian recipes and see what new flavors I can experience!

See. Healthy eating can be fun and tasty!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey Jes - Say your blog! Got it from Facebook. Check out mine too :) Hang in there you strong girl you. But, remember, everyone has something they are dealing with...Not sure if that makes you feel better?!?!