Monday, August 4, 2008

Acupuncture is my friend

Had my acupuncture appointment today and I am one happy camper. I told my doc that he could never leave me again since last week was so awful. He laughed and then told me he would be gone for a week again in February. We both agreed that if I wasn't better by then we needed to just rip my gallbladder out, and he said he would personally do it for me.

Anyway, no nausea since I got pinned early and I am feeling much better. I still got a little dizzy for a while today, but I drank some vitamin water and the dizziness went away. I might need to start investing in a multivitamin despite the fact that I have no interest in swallowing another pill. But hey, if it means I don't get dizzy all the time I'll do it. Of course, it could be that I have a sinus infection too, so I'll probably rule that one out first. There has been an awful lot of green/yellow snot lately, and it is my first summer with my "new" nose (I had a septoplasty, not a rhinoplasty, don't worry) so some of the scabbing in there could be causing problems.

I was really excited today to find out that one of my friends decided to go get acupuncture after I told her about how well it was doing for me. She's only had one appointment so far, but we are going to compare stories tomorrow. There are a lot of benefits she can get from sticking with it so I want to encourage her to keep going. Apparently, at her first appointment last week she had a "stinger" on one of her acupuncture points and they had to take it out. My doc said that can happen sometimes when there is too much heat (in other words, the flow of energy is severely blocked in that area). He's still trying to figure out how to proceed with her treatment.

Finally, I got my second box of supplements from the GB lady. So excited! I ran out of the anti-nausea supplement last night but had been super low and not taking it as much for the last three or four days, so I am excited to have my relief back in hand! Despite the setbacks I had last week, I know with all of the treatment I am doing (acupuncture, supplements, diet) that I am going to get my body fixed and avoid having surgery. I just know it.

No comments: