Sunday, August 31, 2008

I survived the Chili's chips and salsa

Last night my carb cravings got really bad. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who went and got me some chips and salsa from Chili's at 10pm in response to this uncontrollable craving (probably, mostly to shut me up and stop whining, but that's alright). I ate the chips and salsa and it tasted so good. The chips are definitely not on the gallbladder friendly diet (they are made with corn and that is a huge no-no food) but at least the salsa was, so I justified eating it in my carb-craving head. Followed the chips and salsa up with some green grapes and took my gallbladder/digestive supplements and all was well. No nausea, no indigestion, no heartburn, no nothing. Sweet. Chili's chips and salsa are in.

What did upset my digestion the last few days were two rice dishes that I ate. Last night I had my favorite Sushi Popo vegetarian combo for dinner and something was not right with that rice. My husband even noticed it in his dish. Had some not so pleasant indigestion with that one-- I kept burping it up and it didn't not taste quite as good the second time around. But, hey, the chips and salsa got rid of it, so it's all good. Today I ate some leftover mango salsa and basmati rice and that gave me some very mild nausea that was just noticeable enough to be annoying. Luckily, dinner went over very well with my tummy-- homemade summer vegetable soup filled with tomatoes, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, basil, and a little bit of Parmesan cheese. It was awesome. And despite it being vegetarian, my husband lapped it up like it was going out of style. He likes my cooking, what can I say?

Again, I hate my camera and the lighting in my apartment. Someday I will have a nice new camera that takes awesome pictures of all my food, no matter what the lighting.

As a side note from my diet, I did something good for my mental well-being on Friday-- I got a fancy new haircut. I love it and I think it's a great reward for all the hard work I've done over the last seven or so weeks. Check it out (ignore my messy bedroom, I have since cleaned it up).


No comments: