Sunday, August 3, 2008

I need my acupuncture now!!!!

This last week has been a bit of a rough one and I believe it is due largely to not having my acupuncture appointments. I have had more nausea this week than I have since before I went on the GB supplements and I am noticing that my tongue is really starting to wave again from the slowed digestion. This could be in part due to the foods I have started to incorporate back in my diet as well-- namely, grains other than rice and the occasional bowl of cereal with rice milk-- but I feel it has a lot to do with not having the acupuncture either.

And the reason for not having my acupuncture sessions this past week? My doc is in Scotland. That jerk! :)
Oh, well. Tomorrow I will get to see him again and hopefully he can pin me up real good to get things flowing properly again. If I feel better next week, that will be the true test of how effective the acupuncture is in this whole fight to fix my GB. Even though we stopped pinning my GB spots the last few appointments, I am going to have him pin them again this week. I can't wait for relief!

Speaking of acupuncture being awesome, about a week and a half ago I had my halfway point reassessment. Part of how they determine how to treat you with chiropractic or acupuncture is by identifying areas in the spine of imbalance from heat, muscle tension, and alignment. They use this neat NASA type machine that scans your vertebrae one at a time and pinpoints the areas of imbalance. It then produces a neat report to show it all. The importance of this is that each of your vertebrae are connected to different organs in your body through the nervous system, and thus the imbalances in the vertebrae suggest and identify problem areas. Super cool.
My first back scan was a nightmare. Look at these, taking note that the longer the bar the worse the problem, and anything in red is a serious imbalance, blue a moderate imbalance, and green a slight imbalance.
This one shows muscle imbalance (YIKES!):
This one shows abnormal muscle activity:

And this one shows skin temperature deviations:
Look at some of those lines! And all of the red! I was a hot, hot mess when I started acupuncture.
Now for the good news. Look at the progress I have made on my six week rescan for the temperature variation (that was the only one they did):

No more red lines! And all of the lines are short! Proof of progress, I think. Pin me up some more!

No comments: