Sunday, August 10, 2008

My pants are too big.

It's been a few days since I posted, but there have been some interesting developments/discoveries over the last few days. Well, at least, interesting in my point of view.

Today, I had a coworker tell me that he noticed I had dropped a lot of weight. That was a really nice compliment. Granted, the day before I was telling another coworker about the 20 pounds I have dropped over the last six to eight weeks, and she commented that she never thought I was heavy in the first place. Another compliment, I guess, but go figure, ya know? Anyway, I was telling my coworker today about the diet I am on and how I am trying to fix my gallbladder and health problems through natural means. He was really impressed by what I was doing and encouraged me to keep with it. I was very touched by this, and thankful to finally have someone who is really on my side and understands the commitment it takes and the importance of everything I am doing. He shared a story with me about a person he knew who had rather advanced cancer and got rid of it through natural methods just as I am, using diet, supplements, and whole health nutrition and natural medicine principles. From what he told me, she has been cancer free for years now and never once used chemo or other harsh treatments to get rid of her cancer. This conversation only strengthened my commitment to fixing my health naturally and continuing with it thereafter.

Another thing I have discovered over the last few days is the importance of staying hydrated. When I am making sure to get plenty of water in me throughout the day I have much less digestive problems and nausea, as well as lack of issues when I lay down to sleep at night. For the last two days I have made a conscious effort to stay well hydrated and am feeling better again. I guess I had stopped drinking as much water for a bit. Now that I am back on track, I feel good again.

Interestingly enough though, I am experiencing some GERD overnight again. It has woken me up early in the morning for the past few nights and I can't figure out why. Granted, the GERD is nothing compared to what it use to be-- though, that's not to say it isn't still annoying and uncomfortable-- so that is a major improvement. I just wish I could figure out why I am getting GERD again. I haven't had it for the better part of a month and my diet has been the same since then so you would think I wouldn't be getting any still. I'm going to talk to my acupuncturist about it tomorrow and see if he has any idea as to why it's happening, maybe he will have an answer.

And finally, my pants are too big. I bought two pairs of new ones, but I'm afraid to take the tags off and wear them because those might be too big in a few weeks with the amount of weight I am dropping. There is nothing worse than buying something and not being able to wear it anymore, or at all, shortly after buying them. I know this problem well, but my experience has usually been in the other direction!

No comments: