Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yeast overload

I can't even remember where I am in the detox diet. Day 11 probably, being that I started on the first. Things are going okay. Definitely confirmed the sugar problem the other day though. Candida is full-blown and has taken over my digestive system. Here is the lovely chunk of yeast that was in my throat and I coughed up the other day. Beware, very gross, but I had to share what this stuff looks like. (sorry my camera sucks, this was the best I could do)



That chunk in between my two fingers is yeast that was inside of my throat. Disgusting. Note to world: stop eating refined sugars and too much sugar in general- it rots your insides out!

This is not the first time I've had this stuff in my throat and coughed it up. It's been happening a lot lately, and it has everything to do with all the sugar I was consuming. So I am trying to refocus on cutting out the sugar to the level I did last year (so difficult now that I don't feel as sick!) so that my body can get rid of the candida in my gut. Only natural sugars from fruit, honey, and agave or maple syrups will be consumed, and it will be limited severely.

Good-bye dessert. You were good to eat, but not good for my belly. In a few months maybe we can visit again occasionally... but I think it's best we go our separate ways for a while...

PS I think I have a sensitivity to pineapple. Large sore in the back of my mouth from eating it today. No fun. I'm adding it to the list... not the first time it's happened. Boo!

No comments: