Sunday, June 7, 2009

Detox Diet: Days 6 & 7


Despite the fact that I am not doing as wonderfully as I should about detoxing I believe discovered something this week. Sugar makes me not feel so good. Yet still I made another two loaves of gluten-free lemon poppyseed bread. Glutton for punishment.

Yup, I started to put two and two together. Sinus headaches, indigestion, gerd when I wake-up in the morning, liver/gallbladder flare-ups, all coinciding with sugar consumption. Bad tastes in my mouth, fun yeast chunks in my throat (I know you totally wanted a visual on that, right?), and subsequent itchiness elsewhere all coinciding with large amounts of sugar consumption. I also realized that my digestion started to get not so great again when I started allowing myself more and more sugar. Both refined and non-refined. I have a candida problem and it's making me sick.

Funny thing is that when I eat it I feel fine for a while, even a few days, and then I hit a wall and all the sudden I'm having flare-ups all throughout my body. And of course, I'm addicted. Sugar is my arch nemesis... I can't fight this addiction. I was really close at the end of my three month detox a year ago, but then I started letting myself eat it again and the addiction started all over.

That being said, I need to make this detox be about going sugar free. Natural sugars from fruit and produce only. Forget processed versus non-processed. I can't eat sugar, lest I want to be sickly. Time to get creative to trick my body, because I know this means I need to cut back on fruit too. Oh boy, this is gonna be rough... No more maple syrup with my turkey sausage in the morning!

No comments: