Saturday, June 6, 2009

Detox Diet Day 5

Ok, so yesterday was not as detoxifying as it could be. We had a going away party for one of our doctors who is leaving us to take over his father's business. Potluck meals are dangerous for any food allergy sufferer, and especially when you are a food allergy sufferer who is detoxing. I did okay. I supplied one of the few healthy dishes there- which is surprising at a health and wellness office, but I guess we all have to live at some point- a fresh from the farmer's market salad with strawberries, cucumbers, and mushrooms and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. My current staple salad, you've seen pictures.

While my salad was awesome (of course), but it did not a meal make. And because there were few healthy choices otherwise, and it was a party afterall, I decided to give myself some leeway to eat a few not so healthy things. Two beef ribs (the Dr is from St Louis, so bbq ribs were his special request), a quarter of a twice baked potato, and a cookie and a half. In the real world, this is not considered bad, I guess. But when you are following a detox diet, it's not the most detoxifying meal you could eat. At least I ate a huge serving of salad first!

No comments: