Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stuffed Peppers are so versatile

I've been a bit delinquent at blogging, but things have been busy. First, the good news. I'm feeling eons better than I was last month. Diet and health seem to be getting back on track. No gallbladder complaints in a few weeks. Woohoo! I think cutting back on sugar and processed foods again has made a huge difference! Not perfect about my eating (like I was a year ago) but still focused and keeping it healthy and in moderation. This last week I've been exercising more and it's been making a huge difference not only in the shape of my body, but in how it feels. Pilates and yoga are what I'm focusing on right now, and I love it. I even made the hubs do yoga with me the other night! It was fun!

Anyway, I have lots I've been meaning to post and still have a few great pics stored in my camera that I will try to get up later this week. But for now I wanted to share one of my new favorite foods: Turkey and Wild Rice Stuffed Peppers. I got the recipe out of Clean Eating Magazine (one of my new favorites), made a few alterations to the recipe (using canned instead of fresh tomatoes because I had them in the pantry, and using fresh herbs from my garden instead of dried because I had them in my garden) and it was a hit. I made it twice in one week.


Making this recipe made me realize something: no matter what you stuff in a pepper, it's gonna be great. They are so versatile! And healthy, too. Whenever I make stuffed peppers I make sure to make extras for leftovers during the week, and since I'm usually just serving my husband and myself we get anywhere from one to two extra meals out of them. Such a great meal. They might take a bit of time getting all the ingredients put together, but with so many leftovers, it's worth it to me for quick and healthy meals later in the week that I just pop in the microwave.

Ok, more to come later this week... vegan red velvet cupcakes, more garden pics, lettuce soup... good stuff!

No comments: