Monday, October 20, 2008

Working my way back.

Today has gone much better than yesterday. No more gallbladder attacks, spasms, etc today. Very negligible residual nausea, and I have been a bit worn out after last night's upheaval, but I don't feel like someone is running a stake through the right side of my torso anymore, and that is massive improvement.

I decided to play it easy today and only eat small meals and focus heavily on gallbladder friendly food. I even brought out the Jack LaLane Juicer and made fresh pressed organic grape juice. Granted, it didn't make much, but it made enough for a small glass to round out with my breakfast of gluten free flax waffles, and raspberries with some butter and honey. Yummy.


Like I said, it didn't make a ton of juice, but it was enough. For lunch I made gluten free pasta with vegetables sauteed in EVOO and herbs. I was surprised by how tasty the gluten free pasta was. Not sure how it would hold up to pasta sauce, but it did well with the veggies. Dinner was leftover butternut squash soup, some organic flax and wheat crackers, cucumber, and some grapes. Not so sure the onions in the butternut squash soup are settling 100% with my tummy after yesterday's GB attack, but I think I will make it through.

After sleeping sitting up on the couch last night my back was in some awful shape, and not surprisingly, my chiropractor noticed. She thought it was from my car trip to Chicago last week still and I corrected her and told her about the GB attack. I think my back was very thankful for the adjustment. Just goes to show how important chiropractic can be. You can mess your spine up with something as simple as taking a nap on the couch!

No comments: