Monday, October 27, 2008

Bet you didn't know...

I discovered something interesting this weekend- both Skittles and Starburst have apple juice in them. Now, to most people this would seem to be a rather mundane point of interest, but for me, who happens to be allergic to apples, it's actually a big find. I am quickly running out of sweets that I can eat!!! It is interesting that these to junk food items have apple juice in them to make them somewhat natural and "healthy" so I don't want to dismiss that fact. Nonetheless, it's upsetting that I can't eat them, though I have eaten them for years now. I think this change must have been recent, because I have eaten both candies with little to no irritation for a while. However, the test of the Skittles this weekend proved that, yes, there is in fact apple juice in there. I got a hive on my tongue and the rest of the day my mouth felt weird, which is what will happen when I ingest trace amounts of an allergen.

Anyway, now you can wow your friends with the useless knowledge that Skittles and Starburst do in fact contain real fruit juice in them. There is your useless trivia for the day, folks!

No comments: