Monday, October 13, 2008

The great corn-holio

I discovered today why it is recommended that you not eat corn if you are having gallbladder problems. That stuff, tasty as it is, does not digest. I saw the proof today, if you know what I mean. Last night I indulged on a bit too much corn (admittedly), and I paid for it today with lots of gas, indigestion, discomfort, and seeing the undigested pieces... well, you know. So, as tasty as it is, I think I will forgo the corn again.

The funny thing is that as a result I didn't feel hungry at all today. First thing this morning I was hungry, but as soon as I sat down to eat breakfast I wanted nothing to do with food the rest of the day. Granted, I still ate because I know how important it is to eat your three squares a day, but I did not snack at all (which is weird for me) and literally forced myself to eat something for dinner. But then again, I guess we all have days like that where our stomach just needs a break.

In other news, I realized the true and full benefit of chiropractic today. This weekend I slipped and fell while we were at a Quizno's and ended up undoing all the good work we had done fixing my back the prior week. Now, I knew I had done this when my back starting to bother me pretty bad from a nerve pinching in my lower back that just made me want to start punching things from the sheer discomfort (not pain, mind you) that it caused throughout my whole body. So, I got an adjustment today and told my doc that I had fallen, blah, blah blah. She told me that I had actually managed to get my uneven hips to become uneven on the opposite side! In other words, the one hip that had been higher was now lower than the other hip. Anyway, she worked wonders on my back, adjusting all the way up my spine and I feel a lot better. Thank goodness for chiropractors!

No comments: