Sunday, October 5, 2008

Risky Behavior

I've been living on the edge these last few days, let me tell you! Eating all sorts of things that aren't on the diet, and crossing my fingers everytime that I don't get sick! Thankfully, I haven't gotten sick though I can't say my gallbladder didn't struggle to digest a few things.

During my indulgences I discovered that while I can surprisingly digest turkey bacon avocado sandwiches like a champ (aka a person with a normal and healthy digestive system), having them two days in a row starts to cause some frustration for my digestive track. I also discovered that I actually now feel bad if I am not eating enough vegetables. I had a wonderful Tofu Pineapple Curry at dinner last tonight (at our favorite restaurant in the Quad Cities, Le MeKong) but there was not a single piece of pineapple in there and I had to hunt down the three slices of zucchini that were actually in there. Plenty of tofu and curry sauce was there, just no veggies and pineapple. I was upset!


I also had a few glasses of wine this weekend, some of which I did not have with a meal or follow up with my gallbladder helping drugs. And I did fine! No gallbladder attacks, no nausea, I was fine! We are definitely making progress and I am very excited about it. Because I have been doing so well digestively I thought I might get really adventurous and include some cheese with my dinner tonight. Not a lot, just a little to see how it would go. Eh. Mixed reviews, I think. I'm not sick, but I definitely had some really thick and gross tasting mucos in my mouth for a while afterwards with a slight unease in my stomach. We will see as the night progresses how I fair. The dinner I decided to add cheese to was a butternut squash risotto recipe I saw Giada De Laurentiis make yesterday that I had to try. It was good, but my husband and I agreed the butternut squash risotto recipe we have from our Crate & Barrel cookbook is much better.


No comments: