Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Positive Impact of Music

For the past few weeks I have been trying to reconnect with music. For me, this is a HUGE factor in my health, as I have discovered. Much like any 16 year old, it grounds me and makes me feel connected with the universe and everything around me. While when I was 16 it helped me escape from the universe- admittedly I was one of those kids that locked themselves in their room listening to their favorite songs over and over again, granted, mine were Tchaikovsky symphonies and concertos, but nonetheless- now it actually makes me feel connected. Perhaps its because it helps me to feel again because the day to day ho-hum of eat-work-sleep makes you not want to not feel sometimes. Maybe it's just because classical music gets me going, I don't know, I just know that it makes me feel great and lifts my spirits. Anyone who thinks that Music Therapy is a silly type of medical treatment, just look at your 16 year old kid and see how music affects them... music is powerful medicine!

Today's music of choice: "In Trutina" from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. Very soothing and mellow... I could totally meditate to it.

No comments: