Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking a few steps back.

Thursday night was not a good night. It all started Wednesday when I overdid it on my Mega Acid A supplement, following it up with a half can of Coke and then some chocolate. yeeeeeeaaaaahhh.... Not a good combo. Needless to say from all the acid going into my stomach (some the good kind, some the not-so-good laden with refined processed sugars kind) I had some digestive issues shortly thereafter. Things settled down a few hours later, but I didn't feel "right" the rest of the day.

Thursday morning I was doing my biweekly marathon to Chicago for voice lessons and decided to ignore my stomach's warnings and get Starbucks for breakfast. I only made it through half of the low-fat turkey bacon sandwich before I knew I was at my threshold. Luckily, things were okay for the rest of the car trip but my stomach still felt off.

In my voice lesson all sorts of strange noises happened whenever I took a deep breath and my voice teacher suggested that something might be swollen.... aha! Given the episode the day before and the "off" feeling I had from eating my breakfast it made complete sense that my stomach (or other organ) would be somewhat swollen.

Lunch went over just fine with my tummy, which is not surprising since I ate my favorite biweekly Whole Foods lunch of all sorts of healthy veggie salads. The only problem I ran in to was that my stomach felt "gurgly" like I needed to eat more. I got the gurgly sensation to stop by drinking more fluids and eating the cereal I had brought with for breakfast that morning (that I decided not to eat in lieu of Starbucks).

Until dinner I felt a little better but still unsettled in my stomach. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and I did good eating trout and veggies but included a mango berry cocktail with it. And that, folks, is where I went completely wrong. The rest of the night I felt really weird and didn't even want my husband to kiss me goodnight because I felt uncomfortable and a little nauseous. I took some of my gallbladder attack supplements and experienced some mild relief before going to bed. However, at 3:30 am I woke up with some severe pain under my right ribcage and ended up having to spend the next few hours sleeping upright on the couch while I waited for it to subside after taking more gallbladder relief supplements. Funny thing is that it felt more like my liver that was swollen and throbbing as opposed to my gallbladder. The pain and tenderness was different and I didn't feel near as nauseous as I do during a typical gallbladder attack nor did I have the referred right shoulder blade pain. It was weird.

Friday I drank my liver and gallbladder detox tinctures and I swear nothing has ever tasted to so good. Clearly my body's reaction to the tincture taste told me that I am in desperate need of a detox. So.... I think I need to go bad to a stricter diet again and remove a few of the foods I had reincorporated into my diet back to the "avoid" list. I'm also watching my portion sizes like a hawk. Funny enough, I just got back from lunch at a Chinese buffet and did surprisingly well on what I ate! Well, as well as one can do when eating at a Chinese buffet...

No comments: