Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meditation: Day 1

Although it was my day off, today had some emotional stressors pop up that have been weighing on my mind ever since. Stuff like that makes me wish I was one of those people who doesn't stew over things and can just move on with it and say, "okay, whatever." Alas, that is not how I currently operate, though there was a point during the summer I was starting to get there. Maybe it's because I stopped doing as much acupuncture lately? I don't know, but I am going to work hard to get to that place of mental/emotional well-being. It's important to be able to role with the punches, I think, and be able to handle whatever comes your way in a level-headed rational, and assertive if need be, way. This is my goal: to live in a state of mental and emotional acuteness that allows me to be present and responsive to the world around me and react to the events that take place in a calm, collected, assertive manner that allows me to be forthright in my being and beliefs while maintaining serenity and respect for those around me.

So, step one towards achieving that goal? I am going to try some meditation time tonight before I go to bed. Hopefully it will allow me to release the stress of the day and relax before sleeping.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: