Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lots of goings on!

Big news for the bubble girl, my husband and I bought a house this weekend! Ah! Scary! We are first time home buyers so we are a bit nervous about it but very excited. Fingers crossed I did all of my math right and we will be just fine financially in the house... it's a surprising jump in cost from renting to owning! At least now our money will not be thrown away every month and we can build some equity with our investment. This has been a goal of ours since getting married four years ago (almost to the day, definitely to the weekend), and we worked hard and long to get our credit scores up and our finances in order cuz it was not pretty at all back then! So, as we get closer to our closing date and then move in to the house I will keep you posted on how I attempt to stay sane in the process. Because finding peace and serenity among chaos is definitely one of my mental health goals!

Speaking of health, my gallbladder had a little temper tantrum last night. I ate a few Kit Kat bars, so what, right? Not so much. Well, that and I had a salad dressing with dinner at a friends house that had "onion juice" as one of the ingredients... and I think we all remember how well onions go over with my GB. Anyway, I noticed a slight discomfort when I went to bed last night, ignored it and woke up at 4am wishing I had gotten my tired butt out of bed at midnight to take my supplements so I could have slept the whole night through and avoided the whole waking up in the middle of the night thing. By 5am I had things quieted down and was able to fall back asleep a little later for a much more restful sleep. One thing you would be surprised (or not) about, is that falling asleep while your GB is flaring up does not make for restful sleep in the bit even if you do sleep the whole night through. It's a strange thing I noticed. I ended up sleeping until 10:30am but felt nice and rested, so it worked out. My stomach was definitely cleaning itself out today after last night's attack, but I'm used to it.

The odd thing about this GB attack was that even after the referred pain behind my right shoulder blade went away, I was having pain under a rib near my spine. It felt as though the rib was out of place and it was difficult to lie on. Usually, lying on my right side feels best during a GB attack/spasm, but not last night, and I am still even feeling it occasionally now. I will have to talk to my chiropractor about that on Monday, perhaps there is a rib that shifted out of place that triggered that pain. According to my x-rays in September there was a rib near that area out of place, but I was pretty sure we adjusted it back. Either way, it reminds me about how a healthy spine is so important to how your body functions, because I know my back got out of whack again this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if the nerves to my GB were being pinched and contributing to the issue.

After all of my GB recovery today I am feeling more motivated to do the flush and see what kind of results I get from that. The phone consultation with the GB Attack lady was good. She feels that my body is very much in a "fight or flight" state (ding ding ding ding!) from stress and that it has caused my GB to be low functioning. She will be sending me a new supplement to take to help relax me and return my vitals to a more normal state of ease. I can't wait to try that one and see how it changes things. She was also very concerned about my unusual food allergies that have come on in the last few years and recommended I do a Coffee Enema. She especially recommends I do it the morning of my flush.

Now, you all know me, and know that I am all about the natural health. Right? Right. A coffee enema (or enema of any sort) is where I start to get a bit uncomfortable with the natural health. Call me a bit of a prude, or just a plain old scaredy-cat, but I am a bit freaked out at the nothing of doing an enema. Funny story though... Four years ago, I was at a training session for a job I had a taken and met a girl who recommended I do one. We were at lunch and I, of course, had to ask the meal provider to make special provisions for my salad so it had not carrots in it. She immediately started asking me about my allergy and how long I had it, and I shared. Come to find out, she had developed a severe allergy to sugar a few years back and it got so bad that her whole body would become covered in hives if she ate anything with sugar in it. Trying lots of different things to stop the reactions, she ended up taking the advice of a whole health practitioner and did an enema and the reactions stopped as a result. I dismissed her suggestion because the idea of doing an enema wasn't exciting to me back then either. But isn't it funny how things have come full circle now? The GB Attack lady believes the enema will help to cleanse and detoxify my liver, which is the root of where those strange allergies are coming from in her experience.

Hm. I don't know. I still need a few days/weeks to digest this information. However, I so desperately want to be able to eat an apple in the fall and stop my GB from hurting all the time that the notion of doing both an enema and flush in one sitting is becoming tempting. I've been researching it and there doesn't seem to be a ton of harm in doing it, and the GB Attack lady is beyond confident that my stones are more than soft enough and that the flush will be even more effective for me with the enema before hand. Relief is near, it's just going to take a bit more inner strength than I imagined...

No comments: