Thursday, November 13, 2008

If Only Starbucks Were As Enlightened...

My taste buds rejoiced greatly today. I was able to enjoy a latte, worry free, for the first time in months! No nausea, no upset stomach, no nothin'. Just plain old enjoyment. Why, you ask? Because Whole Foods' Allegro Espresso Bar has rice milk lattes!!!! And boy oh boy was it good! It was perfectly sweet and creamy in just the right amount like I used to drink with skim milk. Unfortunately, though, I don't have an Allegro Cafe or Whole Foods where I live and therefore can only enjoy said drink when I make the hike to Chicagoland every few weeks. Sigh. So, that's why I say "If only Starbucks were as enlightened in to the awesomeness of rice milk" for those of us who can't have cow's milk. A girl can dream, right?

Other news on the GB front though... one of the new supplements recommended by the GB Attack lady is doing wonders for my digestion. The supplement is called Digest Ease and it has really helped to get rid of all the "issues" I was having with my digestion. She said that I have a low-functioning gallbladder due to stress and this product helps to relax me and therefore allow my digestion to kick back in at a normal functioning level. Our bodies go in to what is known as a "fight or flight" state when we are stressed and this rushes blood and energy away from the stomach so our brains and muscles to can react quicker to the stress. Hence, our digestion is compromised. Now, she identified this symptom in me in a quick 30 minute conversation, which means she's pretty darn good because she hit the nail on the head. I've been super stressed, for, what? 29 years? Okay, maybe a few less than that, but my stress levels are pretty high. I've been taking the supplement since Monday/Tuesday and I feel great. Perhaps a bit too relaxed because I've noticed that all the stress is trying to release itself- I've been wanting to cry at the littlest things these past few days! I read a story about some sick kid, I want to cry, I watch a (only slightly) sappy movie or TV show, I want to cry, etc, etc. I'm welling up over the littlest things, it's so silly! But, hey, if it means I could enjoy that cup of rice milk latte this morning and not have any nausea, heartburn, or spike in blood pressure from the caffeine- and all without taking my digestive supplements- I will deal with the sensitivity as long as it lasts!

No comments: