Monday, November 24, 2008

Breaking Out of the Comfort Zone

What a long weekend. After working Saturday morning, my husband and I bolted off to Chicago to see Lulu at the Lyric and then spent Sunday running around town before heading back home last night. Despite being completely exhausted from all the travel, I'm a bit exhausted mentally and emotionally as well. I made a well-planned effort to break out of my comfort zone while we were up there on Sunday and the pay off was quite good for me. I feel more in control and less panicky about all of the "what ifs" that prevented me from taking that leap before. It's nice to have a sense of calm, even if there is still a bit of chaos out there in my life. "Warm fuzzies" are abounding for me right now on the inside, and it makes me happy.

On another note, I think I have figured out how I am making Thanksgiving healthier and more gallbladder friendly this year. I already called the in-laws to get the okay to bring some side dishes that are safe for my gallbladder and they were very understanding. Hopefully they like my health food too, and hopefully the alterations I am making to my famous cranberry-pear pie turn out to be scrumptious!

No comments: