Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

Liver flush #2 starts tomorrow after lunch. Ready. to. go.

Weirdest thing on yesterday was that I think I might have passed a gallstone during lunch. The nagging discomfort I had in my right side (which I attribute to my liver/gallbladder being swollen/aggravated/generally uncooperative) suddenly changed during that meal. It was a higher fat meal of a fabulous prosciutto with fig-olive tapenade sandwich and homemade potato chips at one of my favorite restaurants for lunches in my town. I ate more of the potato chips and sandwich than I normally do (though I'm sure you can understand why from the description). Took my supplements, like usual. Got the usually increased discomfort in my side, then about 15 minutes later it subsided and was replaced with a sharp pain in my stomach. I seem to recall a spasm in gallbladder area right before the discomfort switched to my stomach. For about 45 minutes I couldn't get in a deep breath the pain was so sharp in my stomach. When it finally went away I noticed a significant change in my right side- the pressure was gone!

In fact, I slept well for the first night since the first flush last night. Something definitely happened. This change is also good, because it makes me more comfortable with doing the second flush tomorrow and not having to postpone another week.

Just like before the first flush, I treated myself to something "not-so-healthy" for dinner tonight. My choice this time was a burger and some fresh candy corn. Candy corn is a weakness of mine, especially in the fall when it's fresh and soft. Last time I treated myself to cheesy tater tots from Sonic. Being that I 1) Am lactose intolerant and shouldn't be eating cheese anyway, 2) the tots always make me feel awful after I eat them (as they should anyone who eats them,honestly) and 3) I didn't feel like being as much of a glutton for punishment tonight after what happened the last time I ate them, I opted for these safer choices. All went just fine digestively- or, at least, I should say as well as anything else goes digestively. Though honestly, I think some of the reason my body doesn't digest well is that it's sick of supplements.

Wouldn't your body sick of being feed the same thing day in and day out for over two years. Yup. Pretty sure my body would like to be supplement free for a while.

So here's to a successful flush. I'll try to remember to blog during it tomorrow and Saturday.

Because I know everyone wants to hear the awful details of doing a gallbladder flush. :)

No comments: