Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Liver Flush Recover: Massage

Ok, I owe you a post on the castor oil packs I promised to share about, but I'm changing it up today.

This morning I had the most healing and fantastic massage I've had in a long time. I asked my massage therapist to do a lymphatic massage on me and to work my liver area. It was so therapeutic. My body literally melted in to the table by the end and I did not want to get up!

I'm lucky to work at an office where we have six amazing massage therapists on staff, all with different specialties. I lucked out and was able to get a massage with Chris, who has not only done several liver flushes (and colonics!), but it as expert at giving you the most relaxing massage ever. She started on my neck, then worked on my liver area, following it with lavender aromatherapy oil in that area, then did reflexology on my feet to stimulate healing in my liver and then finished with a light massage on my legs and back. It was pure bliss- it's a wonder I was able to function the rest of the day.

What I really want to share about this massage, however, is the part that surprised me the most. When she touched my liver area for the first time- and during that portion of the massage- I felt an intense emotional release happen. I was overcoming with a feeling of wanting to sob uncontrollably. For her sake, I fought back the ugly hysterical sobbing and just allowed tears to run quietly (which were easily mistaken for allergies given that they are quite bad lately- the second I lay down in bed they start pouring). Once she had moved on to my feet I told her what happened. Being as awesome as she is, she told me that it was a very valid reaction given that we store a lot of emotion in our liver. Given my history of emotional turmoil (which I think I discussed in the past... too lazy to find the post) I actually believe it was a contributing factor to my body's development of gallstones and digestive impairment.

What an experience. I hope I luck out next week and can get an opening with her again to do some more healing work. That massage was just what my body wanted and needed and I'm hoping my liver benefited as much as I believe it did.

Let the healing really begin.

No comments: