Sunday, September 12, 2010

Liver Flush: Day 2- Holy Cleanse, Batman!

As with any "cleanse" program, trips to the bathroom are to be expected. Not only did I do the obligatory time taking care of business today, but I dreamt about it last night, too!

I have to laugh because this time around doing the liver flush, I did not sleep as soundly as I did the first time. My guess is because this one was cleaning out the really deep sludge and stones that didn't make it out on the first flush. As a result, I woke up overheated and not feeling well at about 3am (for those of you following Chinese medicine, this is right about the time of night where the liver and stomach are at their highest level of functioning). For someone who is always cold, this is odd. I was so hot in fact that I turned the AC down to a colder temperature so I could get back to sleep! Had a little bit of nausea that was alleviated with the phosphoric acid water, and I was able to get back to sleep.

However, it was short lived. Woke back up, overheated again, around 5-5:30 (when the lung and large intestine are most active). Again, I also had some nausea, but nothing horrible. I also developed a little bit of the same thick, sludgy mucus in my sinuses that I got when I did the series of mini-flushes a few months ago. I think that not having had a colonic in three weeks caused some of these side effects. Note to self next time I do a flush: get a colonic no less than two weeks ahead of time!

In between all the overheating, waking up, and nausea I had some really interesting dreams. A lot of the dreams involved traveling and socializing with many of my friends from all parts of my life (I thank facebook for the randomness of getting my brain to concoct that collection of people in one dream), and meanwhile searching for a bathroom to expel the gallstones I had just taking the flush drink for. In hindsight, perhaps I should have gone to the bathroom for real in the middle of the night, but I didn't want to get out of bed, or start things moving too early- and then be up all night as a result- so I held it. Either way, the dream was quite entertaining and ended with a bus trip through a severe thunderstorm that dropped us off at a winery outside of town so my friend could make it to a party. Weird, I know.

After going back to sleep for a while longer, I woke up at 7:15 again and decided it was time to get things moving for the day. I took the third dose of salts and let the "magic" begin quickly thereafter. I was unable to go back to sleep because my liver and gallbladder were a bit inflamed from the deep cleansing, so I just stayed up and played on the Internet. :)

The day was not near as eventful as the first flush, as evidenced by how much less toilet paper I went through today from the previous flush. Nonetheless, I was happy to see a large number of stones expelled today. None were quite as large as the first time (a couple of stones were the size of silver dollars), ranging from pea-sized to mere flecks today. That tells me the flush was a success, and definitely needed.

I wish I could say my liver and gallbladder were relaxed and happy now, but they are not. I was telling my hubby earlier, that it feels a bit like some one punched me in the liver. Not wanting to have a repeat of what happened after the last flush, I have vowed to myself to treat my body very gently for the next two weeks while my liver and gallbladder recover. I tried to push things too quickly last time and ended up sick. Not gonna happen again! I started by making sure to take a small amount of supplements with dinner, including some silymarin (milk thistle) to heal my liver. I ended my night with some organic apple juice with a little bit of the phosphorous in it and then really seemed to calm things down.

Am I out of the woods yet? Not quite, but I'm sure after a few weeks recovery this one will take. Just to be sure, I did a quick tarot card reading on myself (I find them terribly fascinating and surprisingly accurate even though they are just cards shuffled randomly). The final answer to my question about the health of my liver and gallbladder? The three of wands in reverse. Want to know what that means?

Success.

1 comment:

RC said...

So glad to hear that this second flush has been a success! Here's to reducing supplements! Hope that works for you!. I would love to reduce the number of supplements and meds I am taking, but am trying not to rush things as I continue my journey to heal from the after-effects of the Lyme Disease. Since I am doing better, I'm afraid to start messing with the balance right now, but am hoping to reduce the number of supplements and meds over the next 6 months.

Good luck with the next 2 weeks as your liver and gallbladder heal :-)

Renee