Sunday, September 12, 2010

Liver Flush: Day 3- Recovery

Today was a mixed review kind of day.

I slept like a rock last night. Did not want to get out of bed, but decided 9am was late enough for sleeping in. The fact that my husband got out of bed before me is usually a sign that I'm oversleeping- he can sleep for over 12 hours and still not want to get out of bed on the weekends. He's the sleeper of the two of us- I'm the insomniac.

Despite my intense want for something unhealthy for breakfast, I was really good and drank an Odwalla fruit drink (love them!). It was a good thing that was all I had too, because my gallbladder was not ready for a lot of food this morning. Much protesting happened for about 15 minutes after I was done eating, but I was smart and took a small amount of supplements to help ease the burden on my GB. Felt fairly normal (though I'm not even sure what that is anymore after so many years of health issues) afterwards.

Lunch went over much the same as breakfast, though the small amount of snacking I did in between meals went better than I expected. Small complaints from my GB, but nothing groundbreaking, and most of it went away quickly without supplements.

Dinner was fantastic! My mother-in-law was insistent on finally taking me out for a belated birthday dinner and I begrudgingly agreed to it. I did not want to go and was really nervous about eating out so soon after the flush. Despite my fear though, my dinner went over fantastically without even a mild peep from my GB! Woohoo!

However, I don't think I ate enough because I was craving more food within minutes of finishing the meal. Real hunger or imagined, I'm not sure- there is no trusting my body on these things. I bypassed dessert at the restaurant but had toast with jelly when I got home. That also went over just fine. Another small victory.

As is usual for me however, I got a bit too confident and took a few too many tastings of a homemade potato leek soup that I made tonight and now I've got some discomfort. Onions help to clean the liver, and I think perhaps it's a bit too soon for that soup I made. Le sigh. We will try some for lunch tomorrow and see what happens when it is followed by supplements.

Speaking of tomorrow... I get my follow-up colonic! Exciting, I know. I'm looking forward to it though because I know it will help to finish cleaning out the oil that I drank and any other waste that didn't expel completely during the flush. The colonic I had after the last flush was quite intense at times, and I'm assuming this one will be no different.

I'm also looking forward to getting a chiropractic adjustment tomorrow. My body is all whacked out from the flush- I know at least one rib is out and my whole spine feels jacked up. I've found in the past that adjustments really help with my gallbladder function, so this one is going to be really important tomorrow!

No comments: