Monday, September 6, 2010

The Good News and the Not As Good News

It's been awhile. I'll save everyone (all three of you) the stories about where I've been the last three months, but it's the usual. Been busy.

So let's move on and talk about the good news!

1) I'm back. Well, at least for today. I make no guarantees.
2) I completed a gallbladder/liver flush a few weeks ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It actually was really easy.
3) I am no longer allergic to apples!!!! I've been drinking apple juice daily for over three weeks. I think it really helped with the liver flush
4) I've had four colonics in the last month. Talk about detoxing! Also, easier than I thought it would be and definitely helped with the liver flush. I went in to it calm and prepared, and it went really well.

Now the not so good news. :(

1) The liver flush wasn't completely successful. :(

Really, that's the only not so good news. On Thursday I am going to do a second flush, and from what I understand that should finish the job and I should have some more permanent and lasting results.

To say I'm upset about the first one not being 100% successful would be an understatement. I was devastated. However, I did try to push it with my liver/gallbladder perhaps a bit too soon afterwards. Less than five days later I combined four of my triggers in one day and for some reason was thinking I would be invincible: eggs, cheese, coffee, and my allergy medicine (got my allergy shots that day). I had a gallbladder attack that last five hours that day. Two days after that I had another attack that lasted all night- and caused considerable discomfort throughout the next day. At that point, I decided I needed to add my supplements back in with every meal (because of the flush I had been going with little to no supplements). Thankfully, adding the supplements got things back down to my usual level of nothing or just mild discomfort.

I also stopped trying to challenge my digestive system. There is no doubt in my mind that I should not be eating dairy without a lactaid, and even then I'm not sure I should be eating it. My body just doesn't like it. Funny enough, my body does like the occasional dose of red meat and over the last two months every time I eat it my liver and gallbladder seem to calm down. Weird!

So, the goal for the next flush is to allow my liver the time it needs to heal afterwards. No food challenges for at least two weeks afterwards! It's a funny thing, that I keep having to remind myself that I'm not superhuman. I want so badly to eat like everyone else that I forget that eating like everyone else isn't how ANYONE should be eating anyway! Plus, my body is different than other people's- no person has the same digestive system, we all need to pay attention to how our bodies uniquely assimilate different foods. Gonna have to remind myself of that a bit more often.

On the good side again though, I haven noticed that my allergy to the sun has decreased significantly since the flush. Rather than having huge pussing hives that last for days and require benedryl, I'm only getting a small amount of hives and that last set healed on their own by the next day! Spent some time in the sun today and have a little bit of hives going on now, I'm hoping for a clear recovery by tomorrow again!

Tell you what though, for a bit of a tangent. I'm watching Jackie Warner's Thintervention on Bravo right now and she had her clients clear their houses of sugar. Wondering if I should do that. Granted, my house isn't near as bad as most American households because of the work I've done over the last two years, but I still have some stuff that could be gotten rid of. I should consider doing a sugar detox again.

Hmmmm. Things to think about...

No comments: