Monday, September 13, 2010

Liver Flush Recovery- Colonic

Day4 and today was my much awaited colonic.

I know, it seems wrong to say that I was excitedly waiting for a colonic, but I was.

Boy was it a good one! My body was so ready to expel that leftover stuff from the flush that I only made it about 20 minutes in to the session before my body said enough and wanted to get everything out, and fast! What differences from the other four colonics I've had! This time my body forced the tube out just about 20 minutes in and I was having sharp pains in my colon (which forced the tube out). My hydroptherapist told me to "expel" (sounds fun, I know) in the washroom before we could restart the session. Went to the washroom and very quickly my body expel quite a bit. So much, so fast, that my therapists could hear it from down the hall!

Did I ever tell you there is no such thing as TMI on this blog? Anyway...

Well, apparently that wasn't it. That I was done "expelling" but my body had other ideas. About a minute later I was rushing back to the toilet to expel again. In fact, it happened three more times before I left the building- we had decided my body was done for the day after the first two. What blew my mind is that I ended up expelling at least 50 more pea sized gallstones!

Woah!

These gallstones weren't the same as the once I flushed out before, but I am certain that was what they were. It all made sense why I wasn't feeling so good since I did the flush on Friday! I'm thinking now that all of that is out of me I can hopefully sleep well tonight!

Great thing about my session today was that I got to talk to my hydrotherapist (who is a Naturopathic Doctor as well) about what to do in the coming days and weeks to help my liver help. I explained to her that it felt like someone had literally punched my liver and it was very tender and causing hot flashes and other discomforts (told her about how much more grueling this flush was in comparison to the first). She said that when I removed those stones it was the equivalent of picking a scab. Made a lot of sense. Many of those stones had been on my liver for a long while, and by flushing them out I exposed part of my liver and it now needs to heal.

She recommended that I do castor oil packs with a heating pad on my liver for several days to help the healing. I found it interesting that she said she had done castor oil packs after having bladder surgery years ago and that the doctors were amazed by how quickly she had healed from surgery.

So, that being said. I'm off to do my first castor oil pack. More on that tomorrow!

No comments: