Friday, September 10, 2010

Liver Flush- Day 1

In thirty minutes I will be downing a half cup of olive oil with the juice of a lemon. Nothing quite as tasty as drinking salad dressing, right?

I ate simply today in preparation for the flush, and all eating stopped around 2pm. This allows the stomach time to digest what is in there and not burden it with new food that may cause nausea while doing the flush. And I'm all for not feeling nauseous! With as slow as my digestion is, stopping at 2pm is a bit risky too!

At 6pm I took the first dose of "salts" to start opening the bile ducts. The traditional protocol is to drink epsom salts, but rumor has it those can make you feel quite sickly. I opted for the alternative Disodium Phosphate supplement recommended at gallbladderattack.com. Went well the last time with them, so I'm sticking with the plan. The first dose of salts isn't so bad. The effects are hardly noticeable with the exception of maybe a small bit of gurgling in the stomach.

Second dose of salts went down at 8pm. That's the dose that really gets things moving. Within an hour of taking them my body is ready to start "cleaning house" for lack of a better term. That's probably a good thing being that I'm about to dump a large amount of oil in my stomach. So, a couple of trips to the bathroom, some noticeable gurgling in my gut, a very mild amount of nausea and I'm good to go.

In about ten minutes I'm going to mix together the EVOO and lemon juice and make my preparations for bed. This includes a chase drink of apple juice with phosphoric acid drops in it, a large glass of plain water, and a small glass of water with phosphoric acid drops (a large quantity) in it to help with any potential nausea. Immediately after drinking the flush mix, I will go straight to bed and lie completely still on my right side for 30 minutes. After that, I'm good to go to bed and should avoid getting up unless I have to.

When I did the flush three weeks ago, during the 30 minutes I could feel a stone pass through the bile ducts. It was a strange "pop" sensation. Not painful at all, just kind of funny feeling. Not sure I will get that today since I cleaned so much out during the last flush, but we shall see what comes out tomorrow morning!

Thinking lots of positive thoughts that this will be the last flush I have to do in order to clean out my liver and gallbladder. I'm on my way to being pain and supplement free!!!!

No comments: