Friday, September 17, 2010

If I could see my liver

I'm pretty sure that if I could see my liver right now it would be a purply-bluish, about to turn to the yellow-green stage, bruise. You know what I'm taking about. It's so tender that is sometimes is uncomfortable to breathe! I did my castor oil pack tonight (shorter session, as advised my my Naturopathic Dr) and yet again it feels so tender I don't want to lay down to sleep and I just want to send a lot of love it's way so it can heal fast!

I actually tried talking to my liver today.

Gently rubbing in circles I told it that it was full of love, light, joy, happiness, and peace. My reasoning is that it needs a lot of positive energy. I spent so many years feeding it negative energy from all of my anger and hurt in life, and that caused it to become sick and riddled with stones. So, I'm turning over a new leaf and telling it how much I love it and the world around me. Currently, I am toying with the idea of writing it letters on a daily basis.

Here's a start:

Dear Mr Liver and Mrs Gallbladder-

I am so sorry to have hurt you in the past. I took my anger at the outside world and focused it on abusing and damaging you by eating too much and filling you with toxic things. Had I known how much I was hurting you and been able to see with clear eyes what was happening, I would have treated you better. My burden and hurt was not yours to bear. I am sorry. I love you and cherish you from this day forward.

Love, Jes

It's a start. And another good start is to stop throwing dairy at my liver. Bad experience with eating too much butter tonight. I tell you what, since this last liver flush I notice my body's reaction to foods much more! Every time I eat something with even a little bit of dairy in it- mostly it's been dairy in the form of butter or margarine since I have been good about avoiding cheese- I notice some pretty intense reactions by my body. It's always either my sinuses start to hurt or I start to feel really nauseous. Tonight after I ate that bread slathered in butter I felt like vomiting for the better part of 30 minutes. And now I am left with what feels like 20 pounds of bloating. I think I honestly went up a pants size since dinner, no joke.

I think my next letter to my liver should be to thank it for telling me what it doesn't like.

No comments: