Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why would you NOT want to eat like this?

I'm a bit behind on posting all of the healthy, fun food I've been creating lately so today will be a marathon session. Ready?

And my question is: Why would you not want to eat like this?

I had leftover miso broth from the seabass I made as a recreation of the McCormick and Schmick's dish, so I wanted to use it. I decided to make a drunken noodle dish with the broth, leftover udon noodles, and leftover veggies. It was really good.



I got creative with my roasted potato and salad meals again. I had some roasted red pepper and artichoke dip that I wasn't using (because I was out of crusty bread) and I thought, "hey, this will taste really yummy on a salad." So, I put it on my salad with some flaxseed and lemon juice dressing and it was awesome. The lemon juice really balanced everything out nicely too.



I started craving sweet things (again), and wanted something that was healthy. I couldn't make my cranberry cobbler again because cranberries are out of season (so sad about that!), so I decided to go back to my beloved pears and make a pear cobbler. It turned out so yummy. Here is the recipe. I substituted rice milk in the recipe because I don't generally have regular milk around the house anymore, and it worked really well. Although, the dollop of Cool Whip didn't hurt the cause as far as taste went. I ate the leftover pears on my pancakes the next morning, it was so good!


I decided to make another rendition of my homemade whole wheat crust cheeseless pizza, and this time I added prosciutto. I was out of pizza sauce so I used sliced tomatoes instead and lathered the bottom with EVOO and garlic. It was really tasty, though I think using fresh instead of dried herbs and some more prosciutto would have really done the pizza well. Next time I guess! Before and After shots.





I found this great recipe in Real Simple magazine the other day for chicken with olives and shallots in a white wine and lemon sauce that was really great. I made this dish a month ago but my camera batteries were dead so I couldn't share it with you. Well, this time the camera batteries were working but I bought olives that weren't pitted by accident so I had to leave them out! Oh well! What you can see though is my contribution to the recipe-- baby bella mushrooms. A natural compliment to those flavors.



Being a master of variations on things, when my friend came over for dinner the other night I made a variation on the pear cobbler recipe by adding in blackberries. Yummmmmmm.


I really liked it.




And so did my friend. :)

No comments: