Thursday, March 12, 2009

This week's healthy eats

A few food photos for you. These are things that I have been eating this week to help relax my gallbladder, keep things low fat, and have some heat to them to clear my sinuses since I have been having problems there as well.

First is one of my husband and my favorite things to eat when we want something light and easy, Vietnamese spring rolls. We load them with fresh cilantro, fresh mint, boston bibb lettuce, cucumber, green onions, rice noodles, and shrimp. We dip them in a combination of sriracha and hoisin sauces. Very refreshing and very flavorful!



Second is an Indian dish from my favorite Indian cookbook, 5 Spices 50 Dishes by Rhuta Kahate. Somehow I never shared pics of these recipes before, but here they are now. A wonderful chicken curry filled with spices, tomatoes, and and onions, and a fresh cucumber salad with lemon, mustard seeds, and serrano chilis. It's filling but light, especially with the skin removed on the chicken. After simmering in the curry sauce for 30 minutes the chicken literally starts to fall of the bone. It's really a great dish.

Now I'm off to make some homemade vegetable stock so I can make more soups! Yum!
Seriously, why would you NOT want to eat like this?

No comments: