Thursday, March 12, 2009

Feeling better

The last few days I have reigned in my eating habits and am feeling much better. The ol' gallbladder seems to be quieting down again which is a relief and I have been really good about talking ALL of my GB and digestive supplements again. Unfortunately, the impulse to eat things I shouldn't and to overeat is still there, but I am trying to control it as best as possible. Cookies seem to be the main culprit, especially with Girl Scout cookies in the house. It appears that sugar in general, or anything sugary/sweet is what I want to binge on so I need to attempt to figure out what I am missing in my diet that is causing that craving. I'm going to try to drink more water and see if dehydration is the problem. Sometimes that's what causes it.

Today is my day off of work and it was much needed after the bad sleep earlier this week. Taking some time for myself, I decided to get a myofascial release massage (since I can get them at work, yeah!). Boy did I need it! My muscles/fascia were a hot mess, which was problem in no small part due to this week's GB attack and having to sleep on the couch. Tension headaches have also been cropping up the last few weeks and with knotted up muscles like that, it is no surprise that chiropractic adjustments and even some over-the-counter NSAIDs weren't helping! I am feeling much better now and hope that all of the tension stays worked out until I can get another one in two weeks!

Let's hope the progress continues. As long as I stay focused on my eating, am consistent with my supplements, and take the time I need to heal when needed I think I should be completely back on track in no time.

No comments: