Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stress is an understatement

House buying is ridiculously stressful. You cruise along for awhile and it goes along fine, then you get to two weeks before close and WHAM! It all starts hitting at once. Negotiations with the seller, whinyness from the seller, friends telling you to back out of the deal, family members telling you to fix everything you found wrong in the inspection yourself (crazy!), etc, etc. It's non-stop! And as of 10am this morning I was having a nervous breakdown from it all!

Here is the really cool thing though. Knowing I was getting uber-stressed I had Doc K pin me up (acupuncture) so that I would de-stress yesterday. I had him do this not even knowing that I would be hit with a huge wad of stress last night. Some issues with the seller caused me to get insanely stressed out, and normally that would result in hours on end of obsessing and being on edge and consequently not sleeping from that nervous negative energy. Not the case this time. I slept like a baby last night and felt rested this morning. Not only that, when the stress level climbed higher this morning from concerned friends all wanting to put their two cents in (some good advice, some a bit extreme) and I went in to full blown meltdown I recovered really quickly. I literally was able to let go of the "gunk" and move on with the rest of my day. Did a few things to pamper myself (drank a cappuccino from Starbucks, which was amazing), ate some healthy food, and mentally moved on. Seriously folks, for anyone that knows me you know that I usually am completely incapable of doing that. I think the acupuncture really unblocked my chi that affects my mental state. Doc put needles in my ears and I really think- scratch that- know that it worked. Acupuncture is amazing!

Interestingly enough, we watched a great speaker who talked about getting rid of the gunk and getting out of our "mental" state of being during training at work today. It was a wonderful motivational speech and touched me and my situation in a lot of ways. Still digesting the full meaning of it, but already realizing how much of that work I have already started to do this past year or so. Getting rid of the gunk and living in the now feels so amazing! It truly allows me to vibrate/resonate at a high frequency state of being rather than a blocked up low frequency state of being. Would you rather resonate in the world living your dream, than be a dull vibration ignoring your dreams?

No comments: