Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Cookies: These are a few of my favorite things

Thought I should share with you the VERY unhealthy cookies I made this year. Usually, I make anywhere from 5-10 different types of cookies, but I limited it to my favorites this year.


1) M&M cookies: this year I made two batches because the first batch did not turn out soft and moist like my cookies are supposed to be. I think I got it figured out and I actually ended up making the second batch with dark chocolate M&Ms. You know, to make them healthier.... antioxidants... and stuff....

2) Candy cane cookies: These are the cookies I'm allergic to but are my all-time favorite Christmas cookie from childhood. The are a dryer cookie topped with crushed candy cane and sugar. Scrumptious and aromatic.

3) Chocolate and peppermint meringues: this is actually my own recipe that I created about two years ago. I was making coconut meringues from a recipe I had and thought it would be fun to crush up the leftover chocolate chip and candy canes I had and throw them in to a meringue mix. Genius! It's a bit tricky to get the chocolate chips and candy canes just right so they are melty and gooey inside the meringue, but I'm not sharing my secret. This is my new favorite Christmas cookie. You can't beat a mint and chocolate combo. Well, expect maybe peanut butter chocolate.... oh! Now I might have to experiment!

No comments: