Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookie overdose!




I discovered a funny thing today. There really is a limit to how many cookies I can eat, and eating too many really does make me sick.

After Sunday night's cookie making fun, I decided to go crazy and make a few more batches. Well, after eating too many yesterday (and learning the ins and outs of baking in my new house) and developing a throbbing headache, and eating too many for breakfast today and feeling sick from it I learned my body does not like that many cookies! Plus, once I did "detox" and eat real whole foods I felt a true sense of calm and relaxation come over body, like it was giving me a hug for not feeding it more crap. This time last year, I would have just kept eating cookies and ignored the strange icky feelings they gave me, but this year I actually started craving real food! Goes to show that the body really does know what's good for it!

Also, I am pretty sure I am allergic to even imitation almond extract. The cookies with that in it gave me a huge headache yesterday and today made me eyeballs feel like they were bugging out of my head. Too bad those happen to be my favorite cookie. I guess I will have to leave that flavoring out next time and substitute for something else. I'm sure I will find something as good if not better to make them just as tasty.

1 comment:

Pilph said...

I've had those peppermint cane cookies -they were THE BEST!! All soft and light, and SO minty! I still remember having one w/ Amy in college...melting in my mouth. Yum, YUM!!!! Doh. And another tummy growl!