Monday, December 15, 2008

Moving... on

This last weekend was a big milestone as my husband and I bought and moved in to our first home. All things considered, it went really well. Nonetheless we did run into a big roadbump in our gameplan when we tried to turn the fridge on and it wouldn't cool. Not fun. We quickly scrambled and found a replacement for a great price- many many thanks to my wonderful friends and old co-workers at American TV & Appliances for getting me a steal of a deal on an amazing fridge (scratch and dent, but not so much that you notice which is awesome).

I dealt with the broken fridge ordeal like a champ Saturday morning when it was confirmed that the fridge was indeed not working. Acting quickly I got a hold of my friend and she found me the perfect fridge that could be delivered Monday. Awesome! Granted, I didn't foresee the delivery truck going off the side of the road on it's way to the house today due to the ice we got last night, but thankfully they will be delivering it tomorrow.


It wasn't until Sunday night when we talked to our realtor that I stopped handling things like a pro. His reaction led us to believe that perhaps the seller would need to replace the fridge for us. Come to find out our contract was worded as such that we are SOL on the broken fridge, but still my realtor even hinting at it start my brain going in all sorts of directions. In a matter of hours I was overwhelmed with information and possibilities and regret and anger. As a first time home buyer I have no clue about such things and, yet again, it seemed that everyone had an opinion. For the past 24 or so hours I have heard nothing but everyone's opinion about how we should or shouldn't proceed. Frankly, I just want to take a nap, put my hands over my eyes and ears and pretend it never happened. Hear no evil, see no evil. I'm having a real hard time moving on from all of the stress of the broken fridge fiasco and I'm finding it even more difficult to focus on the positive- I'm going to have a kick butt fridge and I got it for under cost!


So, let's take a moment to focus on the positive. Here is my new fridge in all of it's glory (okay, just a web pic, but still):




It's an LG French door 25770 series fridge in smooth white. Pretty awesome right?

See, just blogging about it made some of the stress of the day go away... And as my voice teacher reminded me (he's my surrogate therapist when the regular one is not available), the good news and the bad news is that I'm going to be okay. He also reassured me that my feelings and reactions to all the was happening were perfectly normal and that if the fridge breaking down was all that went wrong in the move we were doing great. I guess he has a point.

Now to wait and see that my fridge is still in the same condition it was when I picked it out after surviving the delivery truck going in the ditch. Fingers crossed it is all okay and I can start enjoying my new fridge tomorrow. I'm sick of eating out and I miss my fresh fruits and vegetables!

1 comment:

Pilph said...

Great attitude w/ the frig, Jess! I'm impressed! If it's not the seller's fault, it might be your home inspectors. They should've checked to make sure it was working. I'm pretty sure that you can't be SOL if the seller hid the fact so it passed inspection. In any event, the new frig is amazing! How was it off the truck? Man, I was a little scared for you when you mentioned it went off the road! Yikes! Keep me posted, love the blog!