Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Acupuncture saves the day!

I'll admit it. I'm a bit stressed. What with all the closing on our first home in two days and trying to make sure everything is done beforehand and all the paperwork is submitted that needs to be, stress has become my middle name again. Like many people, I go in to a very much fight or flight state when I am dealing with such major stress. Accordingly, my body responds with digestive issues, mood swings, crying, and general disorientation and forgetfulness while I am panicking away. Knowing this was all about to happen/happening I had Doc K pin me up for stress relief last week and it worked wonders. Today, it was definitely time again to have the acupuncture work it's wonders and get my mind and body to relax to a more normal level of chi flow.

Sad but true, I had a complete melt down when I couldn't find my glasses this morning. I had come home from working out and running errands, played on facebook a bit, and then taken a shower. Somehow, during the time my glasses came off my face and ended up getting legs and walking. I literally spent 20 minutes searching the whole apartment to find them. Meltdown city. Normal people would be able to think soundly and do a thorough retrace of their steps to find said glasses, but not I. Instead, I frantically searched the same three spots over and over hoping to find them even though they weren't there the first five times I looked! It turns out they had fallen on the floor in between the couch and coffee table, and I'm still not sure how they got there but they were found. Not surprisingly, this complete loss of mind happened right after I was stressing out over whether we had all of the final paperwork submitted for closing on the house. I'm sure the timing was not a coincidence...

So, I was very demanding of Doc K today and told him exactly how I wanted my acupuncture to go: stress points including my ears, sinus points to do a pre-emptive strike on the cat hair clean-up we will be doing after close (the seller owned cats, I'm super allergic), and the special point on the foot that gets your bowel movements to "stick together" better since I'm still recovering from all of the margarine in that frosting and cake I ate this weekend. It definitely did the trick. Within an hour after my acupuncture session my head and body felt so much better! The stress seemed to melt away and my energy levels boosted, plus my nose started to drain and my stomach stopped being so mean to me. Acupuncture saves the day!

Now, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the effects last through the next week!

No comments: